Today’s Lady News: Male Rapper DPhill Gets In Touch With His Feminine Side
- The gender-bending rapper Daryll Duane Philips, who goes by the name DPhill Spanglishman, is starting an “XY movement” for male rappers who like to dress feminine. DPhill was photographed wearing red lipstick and says he is “40 percent female, basically, because of my emotions. I am very emotional.” [Clutch Magazine]
- Frisky contributer Courtney E. Martin has an op-ed in The Christian Science Monitor about Herman Cain’s sexual harassment allegations, the abuse against Hillary Adams perpetrated by her father, and how women are speaking up about abuse that normally is kept in the dark. [Christian Science Monitor]
- The Wall Street Journal held a video debate in response to the controversial book Is Marriage For White People?, which argues that black women would benefit by marrying outside of their race. [WSJ]
- Barbara Grier, a lesbian icon, died at the age of 79. Grier was a pioneer activist, editor of The Ladder, one of the first lesbian magazine publications, and a cofounder of Naiad Press, which published prominent lesbian fiction writers. [SheWired]
- What is behind the horrific recent murders of transgender women (other than hate)? [Queerty]
- An interview with comic Alison Bechdel, author of one of my favorite graphic novels ever, Fun Home. [Truth-Out.org]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.