- The gender-bending rapper Daryll Duane Philips, who goes by the name DPhill Spanglishman, is starting an “XY movement” for male rappers who like to dress feminine. DPhill was photographed wearing red lipstick and says he is “40 percent female, basically, because of my emotions. I am very emotional.” [Clutch Magazine]
- Frisky contributer Courtney E. Martin has an op-ed in The Christian Science Monitor about Herman Cain’s sexual harassment allegations, the abuse against Hillary Adams perpetrated by her father, and how women are speaking up about abuse that normally is kept in the dark. [Christian Science Monitor]
- The Wall Street Journal held a video debate in response to the controversial book Is Marriage For White People?, which argues that black women would benefit by marrying outside of their race. [WSJ]
- Barbara Grier, a lesbian icon, died at the age of 79. Grier was a pioneer activist, editor of The Ladder, one of the first lesbian magazine publications, and a cofounder of Naiad Press, which published prominent lesbian fiction writers. [SheWired]
- What is behind the horrific recent murders of transgender women (other than hate)? [Queerty]
- An interview with comic Alison Bechdel, author of one of my favorite graphic novels ever, Fun Home. [Truth-Out.org]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.