Today’s Lady News: 10-Year-Old Girl Gives Birth In Mexico
- A 10-year-old gave birth to a baby in Mexico. The legal age of consent in Mexico is age 12 and abortions are denied to pregnancies further along than three months and to those who cannot prove sexual assault. [New York Daily News]
- Certain procedures involved in gender reassignment surgery are now tax deductible. The procedure normally costs tens of thousands of dollars, and is undergone by over 1,000 people a year. The ruling is monumental as it shows that federal courts officially recognize “general identity disorder as a serious medical condition,” rather than a cosmetic desire. [TIME]
- In defense of the Spice Girls. [Rookie Mag]
- The census reports that only half of working women receive paid maternity leave. Furthermore, women without college degrees are four times more likely to be denied maternity leave. We know the economy is sh**ty, but leave the pregnant women alone! [Washington Post]
- Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook’s COO, was the keynote speaker at the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing. Check out what she had to say. [All Things D]
Contact the author of this post at Stefanie@TheFrisky.com.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.