Today’s Lady News: You Can’t Ban Gay Teens From Dating, Utah
- The American Civil Liberties Union sent a little FYI to school superintendents across Utah, warning them that “banning” students from dating other students of the same sex is unconstitutional. As in, they can’t do it. The ACLU was prompted to send the reminder when a female student was reportedly asked to leave a school dance because her date was also a girl. [Advocate]
- Rush Limbaugh called Herman Cain accuser Sharon Bialek a “babe” and made a slurping sound. I can’t even … [Huffington Post]
- Blogger Amanda Hess explains the public perception of what makes a sexual harassment lawsuit (“nice earrings!”) and what actually does. [GOOD]
- Political commenter Mary Matalin addresses Herman Cain’s sexual harassment allegations and slams feminists who find “a way to get offended” about everything. HOW DARE SHE?! (Did you see what I just did there?) [Media Matters For America]
- Should female boxers have to wear skirts during the Olympics? [Styleite]
- Kandi Burress from “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” spoke out about being an African-American woman on reality TV and how she does not feel that she should have to represent “the whole race.” [Hello Beautiful]
- Check this out: the Wikipedia Feminism Project. [Feministing]
- Openly lesbian mayor Annise Parker of Houston, Texas, won reelection last night. Congratulations! [Advocate]
- On gender and the most American of fast food products, the McDonald’s Happy Meal. [Bitch Magazine]
- How to complain about female behavior without sounding like a sexist jerk, an amazing (amazing!) post by Alyssa Rosenberg. [Think Progress]
- What the Dominique Strauss Kahn incident taught Herman Cain. [Reuters]
- Check out Rep. Gabrielle Giffords on the cover of People! [Politico]
- Cool: women in China have a secret “women-only” language. [Guardian UK]
Do you have an article or a blog post to submit to Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at [email protected] and follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.