Morning Quickies: Dakota Fanning Ad Banned For Being “Sexually Provocative”
- The UK’s Advertising Standards Authority banned Marc Jacobs’ print ad starring Dakota Fanning holding a perfume bottle between her legs because the image of the 17-year-old actress is “sexually provocative.” The ASA said the Oh, Lola ad “could be seen to sexualize a child” and therefore is “irresponsible” and “likely to cause serious offense.” [Guardian UK]
- Brett Ratner resigned as producer of the 2012 Academy Awards last night after using a gay slur while promoting his latest film. [Deadline Hollywood]
- Sex advice from extremely tall women, including Frisky writer Anna Goldfarb from the blog Shmitten Kitten. [Nerve]
- The rapper Heavy D died yesterday at age 44. [Rolling Stone]
- Lindsay Lohan will not be showing her fire crotch in Playboy. Her lady parts will be “strategically covered up” in certain shots. [PopBytes]
- Kate Major was reportedly arrested in Los Angeles yesterday trying to board a Delta flight while drunk. Eh. You’d be drunk all the time to if your ex-boyfriends included Michael Lohan and Jon Gosselin. [Eonline]
- Iconic feminist Gloria Steinem thinks Kim Kardashian is wasting her life. Sheesh, tell us what you really think, Gloria. [TresSugar]
- Starbucks is launching an app for iPhone and Android that allows you to animate your coffee cup on your phone. [Mashable]
- Is there really much difference between a “cabaret and burlesque club” and a “strip club”? [Gothamist]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.