35 Things To Do With Your Extra Hour This Weekend
The bad news: tonight, Daylight Saving Time ends, which means it’s about to get cold and dark for the foreseeable future. As someone who is prone to seasonal affective disorder (SAD), I am determined to look at this from a glass half full perspective! Which brings me to the good news: by setting the clocks back an hour tomorrow, we get an extra hour tomorrow! An extra hour to do anything you want with. Here are 35 ideas for how to spend it. Share yours in the comments!
1. Go online and order one of those Happy Lights!
2. Finally watch an episode of “American Horror Story,” “The Walking Dead,” or “Breaking Bad” and see what all the fuss is about.
3. Make some mulled wine.
4. Have sex.
5. Make one of the random single gal recipes we’ve posted this week.
6. Or make up a random single gal recipe of your own and send it in for a reader recipe slideshow next week.
7. Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in awhile and catch up.
8. Clean out your closet and deliver any coats and sweaters you haven’t worn in awhile to a homeless shelter.
9. List the things you no longer love or wear, but that are in good shape and cost you when you originally bought them, on eBay.
10. Give yourself a mani-pedi. Here are the hottest shades this season.
11. Start your holiday shopping.
13. Visit a museum.
14. Have a living room dance marathon.
15. Take a bubble bath.
16. Plan your Thanksgiving menu (peruse some cooking blogs for new recipe ideas).
17. Order prints of your favorite Instagram photos.
18. Take a yoga class.
19. Create an online dating profile. Even if it’s just a fake one so you can peruse what’s out there.
20. Give your dog a bath. (Sorry Lucca!)
21. Clean out your fridge.
22. Get a haircut. I’m thinking of bringing back my lob.
23. Finally learn how to play a simple song on that ukulele you bought in order to someday impress Ryan Gosling.
24. Plant some (indoor) paper white bulbs (it’s their season!).
26. Get a professional massage. Or give someone special an amateur one.
27. Actually read the articles in that tall stack of magazines that have been sitting on your coffee table for the last few months.
28. Find a fun and simple DIY project online and do it.
29. Write your own batch of single (or coupled) girl haikus.
30. Challenge a stranger to a game of Words With Friends.
31. Download the new Florence + the Machine record and rock out.
32. Start a personal blog of your own.
33. Do a hair mask.
34. Find a new makeup look and practice applying it. Here’s some runway-to-real life looks to get you started.
35. Take your favorite pair of heels to the cobbler and have rubbed soles and new taps put on.
Soooo, what are you doing with your extra hour this weekend?