A ton of major celebrity news stories broke this week. Kim K’s sudden divorce! Justin Bieber’s possible Baby Daddy status! Jessica Simpson’s got a bun in the oven! But what was the scoop of the week? Vote for your pick after the jump…
- On Monday, Kim Kardashian, after weeks of dodging rumors that all was not well in her marriage, filed for divorce from husband-of-72-days Kris Humphries. You mean a kadrilllion dollar wedding broadcast on TV doesn’t mean your union will last forever?
- Later on that same day, Jessica Simpson, who had been parading around with a bump the size of her home state of Texas, finally confessed that she and fiance Eric Johnson are expecting. A baby. Not a burrito. Mazel tov!
- On Tuesday, Scarlett Johansson’s cover story with Vanity Fair hit the web. In the interview, Scarlett says that her nude pics were originally sent to ex-husband Ryan Reynolds (when they were still married) and that there’s “nothing wrong with that” and that she “know[s] my best angles.” Agreed.
- On Wednesday, Mariah Yeater, 20, filed a paternity lawsuit against Justin Bieber, saying that the mega popular singer is the father of her 3-month-old baby, who was conceived in a bathroom stall at the Staples Center after one of Justin’s concerts. It was also the night the Biebs, she says, lost his viriginity and it lasted all of 45 seconds. He denies that any of this occurred and that he has never met her.
- Also on Wednesday, Lindsay Lohan was sentenced to 30 days in jail for violating her probation, but, like Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie before her, will likely only spend a few hours in the clink due to “over-crowding.”
- Last night on “Conan,” the ginger-haired talk show host — in New York City filming his show all week – officiated the first gay wedding aired on late night television. The show’s costume designer, Scott Cronick — who was walked down the aisle by Bravo’s Andy Cohen — promised to love, honor and cherish his partner David Gorshein. Gay marriage became legal in New York in July; it remains illegal in California.