Today’s Lady News: Be Careful, Trick-Or-Treating Sluts!
- Be careful, trick-or-treating sluts, because you might get raped! A conservative think tank-er named Charlotte Allen penned a piece for the Los Angeles Times about — I think? — how women shouldn’t tease men with skimpy outfits and then complain when we get raped. Or it might be about crazy, irrational feminists get upset by slutty Halloween costumes but then we throw SlutWalk protests and that makes us hypocrites. It’s hard to say. Anyway, the best part is when Allen warns us women to be “careful about where [you] flash [your] treasure.” I shall henceforth be referring to my ladyparts as my “treasure,” unironically. [Los Angeles Times]
- California Baptist University expelled Domaine Javier, 24, for “fraud” and “identity concealment” after she came out as trans on an episode of MTV’s “True Life.” [Queerty]
- The Michigan House of Representatives approved a bill to eliminate domestic partner benefits for all state employees. In response, the faculty at the University of Michigan are threatening a mass exodus if the bill passes. [Think Progress]
- This is your daily reminder that the “fetal personhood” movement — i.e. the movement to change the legal definition of a “person” to include a fetus, thereby criminalizing abortion — is hella scary. [American Prospect]
- A feminist case against single-sex education. [XX Factor]
- A Los Angeles gallery is flipping the script on the “male gaze” and showcasing artwork in the “female gaze” that depicts men in positions stereotypically used to depict women. [Ms. Magazine]
- An interview with Jaclyn Friedman, author of What You Really Really Want: The Smart Girl’s Shame-Free Guide To Sex And Safety. [Salon]
- Check out this trailer for “Dear Daddy,” a documentary about black fatherlessness. [Clutch Magazine]
- An open letter to those dressed as Pocahontas and “Indian princesses” this Halloween. [Racialicious]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.