Today’s Lady News: Photo Of Boy With Down Syndrome Who “Survived Roe Vs. Wade” Spreading Around Facebook
- A photograph of this adorable little boy is circling around Facebook. The boy has Down Syndrome and he’s holding a sign (written by someone who is not him) which reads: “I may not be perfect but I’m happy. I am God’s handiwork and I bear His image. I am blessed. I am the 10% of children born with Down Syndrome who survived Roe vs Wade.” (Roe vs. Wade was the 1973 Supreme Court decision that effectively legalized abortion.) Well, this makes me feel uncomfortable. There is no reason to doubt that this little boy is happy, loved, and cared for, and God bless him and his parents for the hardships they overcome on a daily basis. But perhaps it would have been more appropriate for his parents to have posed with a sign that said, “We love our son, who happens to have Down Syndrome” (for example), rather than use him as a prop? What do you think? [LifeNews.com]
- How to write a “young women don’t care about feminism” article. [Feministing]
- Journalist Michele Norris, a host on NPR’s program “All Things Considered,” has recused herself through the duration of the 2012 election because her husband has been hired in a senior position with the Obama re-election campaign. [NPR]
- The Frisky’s “Hitched” columnist Andrea Grimes somehow got a press release written by a so-called “crisis pregnancy center” in her home state of Texas. [Hay Ladies]
- A record-breaking 18 female CEOs have made the Forbes 500 list. [Huffington Post]
- Why don’t more law schools teach reproductive rights classes? [XX Factor]
- A Christian college called Shorter Univeristy in Rome, Georgia, is forcing staff to sign a “statement of faith” confirming they do not view premarital sex, adultery and homosexuality as “acceptable.” [Queerty]
- On sexual violence and the discourses of “purity.” [Bitch Magazine]
- Girls Scouts of Colorado released a statement saying that they will welcome any child into the Scouts who identifies as a girl, regardless of the gender assigned to the child at birth. Awesome! [GLAAD]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.