Today’s Lady News: Birth Control Pill Cuts Ovarian Cancer Risk
- Women who have been on the birth control pill for 10 or more years have cut their risk of ovarian cancer by 45 percent, according to a study in the British Journal of Cancer. [Guardian UK]
- The bus company that operates Brooklyn’s B110 bus line, which runs through the borough’s Hasidic Jewish neighborhood where unrelated men and women are strictly separated, sent a letter to the Department of Transportation after news broke that women were asked to sit in the back of the bus. The letter states the bus company does not “support, promote or condone” any segregation. [NYmag.com]
- Why children with lesbian, gay or transgender parents need better legal protections. [XX Factor]
- Iconic author Joan Didion spoke with Time Out Chicago about her newest memoir, Blue Nights. It’s a follow-up to her insanely-popular A Year Of Magical Thinking. [Time Out Chicago]
- Salon.com writer Mary Elizabeth Williams begs of you, please, stop sexing up breast cancer with so many salacious comments about boobs. [Salon.com]
- Frisky contributor Hugo Schwyzer on “accidental rape” and the importance of candid communication between sex partners. [Mamma Mia]
- Why the hell are politicians who don’t have good records on lesbian and gay rights making “It Gets Better” videos? [Feministing]
- Check out this interview with David Jay of the SCAR Project, a photo series that shows a side of breast cancer we’re not used to seeing. [The Daily Muse]
- Frisky contributor Melissa Petro interviews the bloggers behind Tits & Sass, a blog written by sex workers. [Bitch Magazine]
- The number of stay-at-home-dads is rising in the UK, with one in seven fathers being the main childcare-givers. [Guardian UK]
Do you have an article or blog post to submit to Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.