Morning Quickies: Amy Winehouse Died From Alcohol, Coroner Says
- Amy Winehouse died from over-consumption of alcohol, according to a coroner’s report released today. Amy’s blood alcohol level was four times the legal limit when she died on July 23, so she clearly was struggling with sobriety. The Winehouse family released a statement which reads: “It is some relief to finally find out what happened to Amy. We understand there was alcohol in her system when she passed away, it is likely a build up of alcohol in her system over a number of days. The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time. She had started drinking again that week after a period of abstinence.” How terribly sad. RIP, Amy. [TMZ]
- Ryan Gosling and Justin Timberlake once stole a golf cart together on the set of “The Mickey Mouse Club,” which I guess is pretty bad-ass when you’re 12. [Us Weekly]
- I don’t know, zombie Muppets kind of feels wrong. [The Mary Sue]
- Speaking of Muppets, check out Miss Piggy for MAC, a new line of makeup devoted to the porcine pin-up. [NYmag.com]
- I absolutely love this German children’s book called Daddy’s Roommate teaching children about homosexuality. [BuzzFeed]
- How do we feel about date rape jokes on “Two Broke Girls”? Anyone watching the show want to weigh in? [L Magazine]
- In defense of drinking alone. [xoJane]
- How to write a romance novel. [The Hairpin]
- This is awesome: a sight called TakeBackHalloween.org showcases Halloween costumes of “historical and mythical women, warriors, queens and goddesses” that aren’t the same-old, same-old sexy crap women dress up as every year. [The Mary Sue]
- On that awkward moment when you realize an ex has been talking s**t about you. [xoJane]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.