Today’s Lady News: Crisis Pregnancy Centers Tell Jewish Woman To Convert
- A new report on so-called “crisis pregnancy centers,” which masquerade as women’s health clinics but are really focused on dissuading women from having abortions, found that “one Jewish investigator who posed as a pregnant woman was told at five centers she wouldn’t go to heaven unless she converted to Christianity and that one volunteer challenged her to become a ‘born-again virgin.'” And these groups get our tax dollars! It’s the bestest! [Think Progress, Pro-Choice NC]
- Wannabe GOP presidential contender Herman Cain bragged that he would sign an anti-abortion constitutional amendment into law. Too bad for him that presidents don’t sign amendments to the Constitution. It would probably behoove someone who is running for president to have a basic understanding of how government works, don’t you think? [Politico]
- Los Angeles County will be reaching out to lesbians and gays to be adoptive and foster parents during November, which is National Adoption Month. [San Francisco Gate]
- The Florida Family Foundation is raising a fuss over a commercial about The Trevor Helpline, a phone line for gay and questioning youth, that aired on Teen Nick. [ONTD]
- On abortion politics and the “what if I hadn’t been born?” question. [XX Factor]
- Pregnancy is often written about in language that suggests it is a disease, a feminist blogger has noted. [Bitch Magazine]
If you have a news article or a blog post for Today’s Lady News, send it to me at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @Jessica Wakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.