Today’s Lady News: What White Men Can Do For Feminism
- One concrete, important thing that white males can do to further the feminist cause is to refuse to speak on panels comprised of all-white men, writes Cord Jefferson at the web site GOOD.is. Conference organizers are not always fantastic about asking a diverse group of panelists to speak; panels filled with all white dudes, or just all dudes, are sadly too common. But if white males refused to commit to speaking unless women and/or people of color are added, Jefferson writes, this problem could eventually be solved. What do we think of this proposition? [GOOD]
- A second person has been arrested in connection with a string of sexual assaults in Brooklyn. So far 20 women have been groped, grabbed or sexually assaulted on the street since March. [New York Times]
- Feminist sci-fi author Margaret Atwood on her books, religion and her love of the movie “Blade Runner.” (P.S. Read The Handmaid’s Tale if you haven’t already!) [The Atlantic Monthly]
- Is Jill Abramson, the newly appointed executive editor of The New York Times, falling victim to the “bitchy female boss” stereotype? [XX Factor]
- Advice for aspiring feminist activists. [Feministing]
- On the “pinkwashing” of products during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. [Tiger Beatdown]
- Jezebel.com editor/blogger Dodai Stewart spoke with Madame Noire about blogging as an African-American woman for a high-profile site. [Madame Noire]
- On rescuing young girls who are sex trafficked into Britain. [Guardian UK]
- Find out what women in Senegal are doing to promote the end of female genital mutilation. [Feminist.org]
- Pedro Juan Perez, who is intersex, explains to the Guardian UK how he navigates life with Klinefelter’s syndrome (meaning he has three sex chromosomes, XXY). [Guardian UK]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.