Today’s Lady News: “Women Aren’t Discriminated Against Anymore,” Says Romney Advisor
- An advisor of Mitt Romney’s 2012 GOP presidential campaign, Robert Bork gave an interview with Newsweek where he criticized the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment. “Women are a majority of the population now—a majority in university classrooms and a majority in all kinds of contexts,” Bork said. “It seems to me silly to say, ‘Gee, they’re discriminated against and we need to do something about it.’ They aren’t discriminated against anymore.” Oh my. Do people actually think this way? [The Daily Beast]
- Check out Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s comments to female judges at the Association of Women Judges event in New Jersey this weekend. [NJ.com]
- What black women owe Anita Hill. [Essence]
- A 14-year-old girl’s name became a Twitter “trending topic” after an alleged sex tape of her performing oral sex on a classmate — filmed without her knowledge — went viral. [Clutch Magazine]
- A Kansas woman named Bertie McConnell was pleasantly surprised on her 90th birthday when she received a certificate of membership to the sorority Zeta Tau Alpha. McConnell participated in rush for the sorority at a Topeka college in 1941, but had to drop rush when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Her daughter worked with the college’s Zeta chapter to score her mom a long-overdue invite. Cute! [Huffington Post]
- A Jezebel.com commenter compiled five “unspoken rules for women.” [Jezebel]
- Readers in the Boston area may want to check out a forum being held in Wayland, Massachusetts, tomorrow (October 18) about teen dating violence and how to protect yourselves and each other. Wayland is the town where the body of 18-year-old Lauren Astley was found after she had been murdered by her ex-boyfriend. [HelloLadies.com]
- Paula Ettelbrick, an LGBT rights activist and professor of sexual and law at NYU Law, died this month at age 56. Ettelbrick was the former director of Lamda Legal and the former executive director of the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission. [Feminist.org]
Do you have an article or blog post to submit to Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.