Morning Quickies: Giuliana Rancic Has Breast Cancer
- Giuliana Rancic, an E! News host, announced this morning she has breast cancer. The 36-year-old discovered a tumor during a mammogram she had done while undergoing a round of in vitro fertilization. Rancic will have surgery this week on the tumor and then six weeks of radiation therapy. We wish you a speedy recovery, Giuliana! [People]
- Kim Gordan and Thurson Moore announced their separation on Friday. The Sonic Youth couple have been married since 1984 and have a 17-year-old daughter, Coco. The pair will continue with Sonic Youth’s tour throughout November but in a statement said, “Plans beyond that tour are uncertain.” [Pitchfork]
- “Twilight”‘s Nikki Reed married her boyfriend, Paul McDonald, an “American Idol” contestant, this weekend in Malibu. The couple met in March and were engaged two months later. Talk about a whirlwind romance! [Us Weekly]
- Shannen Doherty also made it legal this weekend: she married Kurt Iswarienko in Malibu as well. You can watch their wedding on TV in 2012 when their WE reality show “Shannen Says” debuts. [Us Weekly]
- Lady Gaga performed a “Marilyn Monroe-like” performance for the 10th anniversary concert of Bill Clinton’s foundation. I’ll bet he loved that! [Billboard]
- Kickass Halloween costume idea: a pixelated version of yourself. [The Mary Sue]
Contact the author of this post at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.