Evening Quickies: Susan Sarandon Calls Pope A “Nazi”
- Susan Sarandon was interviewed this weekend at the Hamptons Film Festival and referred to the Pope as a “Nazi.” (Pope Benedict XVI, a German, did have connections to Hitler Youth as a child — as did many Germans.) I’m a huuuge Susan Sarandon fan, but calling someone a “Nazi” is balls-out rude. It’ll be a fun week to be Susan Sarandon’s publicist, huh? [UsWeekly]
- Rooney Mara’s cover story in Vogue reveals an uncomfortable dinner with the actress and the “Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” director David Fincher where he jokes to her that she “can have a lettuce and a grape, a raisin if you must.” The reporter notes that Rooney ordered fish, but barely ate it and chatted with him about how she had to look like “a child” for the Lisbeth Salander role. Maybe Rooney Mara just wasn’t hungry that day. Nevertheless, it’s a disconcerting exchange to read. [Vogue]
- Kate Middleton sent a personal letter to a nine-year-old cancer patient and it’s quite touching. [People]
- No, Ryan Gosling, no! Surely this paparazzi pic of you smooching Eva Mendes is a publicity stunt? That’s what women around the world are telling themselves. [x17online]
- Speaking of The Gos, here’s a compendium of his best kisses onscreen and off. [TresSugar]
- Irrefutable evidence that ever since she started dating Justin Theroux, Jennifer Aniston has slowly been morphing into a hipster. [NYmag.com]
- Five things not to say to a redhead on a date. [How About We]
- Now through October 31st, Dior is holding an online auction of both luxury items and vacations where all proceeds will go to Look Good … Feel Better, an organization that helps women deal with appearance-related effects of cancer. [Dior Auction]
- Mark Zuckerberg served as the best man at a wedding this weekend for the Facebook engineer who designed the site’s “Like” button. [New York Post]
- The Disney curse strikes again: Mitchel Musso, a 20-year-old who played one of Miley Cyrus’ friends on “Hanna Montana,” was arrested over the weekend on suspicion of DUI. [People]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.