Today’s Lady News: House Passes “Protect Life Act”
- Yesterday the House of Representatives passed the “Protect Life Act,” a bill that prohibits federal funds under Obama’s healthcare reform from going towards any health insurance plans that cover abortion services. You should watch Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) statement on this crappy bill here. [Washington Post]
- People with eating disorders are fighting to have health insurance companies cover treatment of their mental illness the same way it covers treatment for other mental illnesses, like depression. [New York Times]
- GOP wannabe presidential candidate Mitt Romney said something positive about lesbian and gay couples and adoption rights, sort of. Sigh. [Think Progress]
- My girlfriend Rachel Maddow said on her show the other night that Republicans are too “laser focused” on criminalizing abortion that they aren’t creating jobs. Tell them, girl! [Reproductive Rights Reality Check]
- Feministe blogger Jill Filipovic takes to task filmmaker Steven Greenstreet for creating a web site called “Hot Chicks Of Occupy Wall Street.” [Feministe]
- Oof: look at how cheerleader uniforms have gotten skimpier over the decades. [Business Insider]
- On anti-feminist and anti-abortion themes in Christian music. [Bitch Magazine]
- Doris Belack, an actress in “Tootsie” and “Law & Order,” died on Tuesday at age 85. [New York Times]
Contact the author of this post at [email protected] Follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.