Today’s Lady News: Bar Patron Stiffs Waitress, Suggests She Lose Weight
- If you’re going to stiff your waitress a tip and scrawl “You could stand to lose a few pounds” on your receipt, maybe you shouldn’t do it after giving her a credit card, with your name on it, to pay for your bill. But Andrew Meyers is probably pretty stupid in addition to being a fat-shaming d-bag. After a night out at Bimbo’s Cantina in Capitol Hill in Seattle, he paid waitress Victoria Liss with his card and intentionally gave no tip (writing “0” on the line) and even deducted $2 from the bill. And of course there was his delightful “P.S.” written at the bottom. So Victoria did what any self-respecting woman with “the biggest tits on the Hill” would do and shamed Meyer via social media. Victoria Liss, you are a badass and I salute you! [The Stranger]
- A lesbian couple took their seven-year-old daughter to the Texas State Fair last weekend and were treated to a “homophobic rant” from a vendor who told one of the women she was going to hell for being a homosexual. After they were lectured with “biblical quotes,” Latisha Pennington and Dondi Morse left the fair and their daughter started to cry. The good news — if you could call it that — is a rep from the Texas State Fair sent the family free tickets for another visit and the vendor has apologized. [Queerty]
- A one-day “Nappiology Expo” in North Texas on Nov. 5 will teach women who wear their ‘do natural on how to style unprocessed hair. [Madame Noire]
- On thursday, the House Committee on Foreign Affairs voted to pass an amendment to the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act that would encourage some global companies to post information on their website explaining their policies in place to discourage human trafficking. [Feminist.org]
- The incomparable columnist Melissa Harris-Perry has a new book out about black female stereotypes called Sister Citizen: Shame, Stereotypes and Black Women in America. [Madame Noire]
- On the myth of the superior penis. [Bitch Magazine]
- This is an excellent essay on the Italian police investigation of Amanda Knox and the fear of young woman’s sexuality. [Guardian UK]
To submit an article or blog post to Today’s Lady News, email me at [email protected] You can follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.