Paul McCartney famously sang, “Will you still love me when I’m 64?” Well, he’s technically 69, but 51-year-old Nancy Shevell just answered “I do!” McCartney married his third wife this weekend in London following four years of courtship. “I feel married,” McCartney told reporters after the ceremony. “I feel absolutely wonderful.” Aww, cute. After losing first wife Linda to cancer in 1998, McCartney had a tumultuous second marriage to Heather Mills, with whom he has a daughter, Beatrice (she served as flower girl!). Shevell and McCartney met in 2007 and the two became engaged in May. So, who is this woman feeling up on our favorite Beatle? The goods are after the jump …
- In addition to being a stunning, glossy-haired glamazon, Nancy—age 51—is a New York millionairess. But she works hard for the money—as the vice president of administration for the transportation company her father founded, New England Motor Freight. She’s also a board member of New York City’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
- While countless rock stars go for 20- and 30-somethings, Nancy is an age appropriate 51 — though can we just say she doesn’t look a day older than 30? Sheesh.
- An heiress who could have had her pick of snooty private colleges, Nancy attended notorious party school Arizona State University.
- Nancy and Linda, Paul’s first wife, were pals. Nancy was diagnosed with breast cancer in her 30s, around the time Linda was losing her battle. The two became close friends.
- Nancy just happens to be Barbara Walters’ cousin. When “The View” broke the news that Nancy and Paul were dating, Babs said, “I love her very much. She’s my second cousin. Her mother, who died, was my first cousin. And I have been very close to this young woman.”
- Even Stella, Paul’s fashion designer daughter, loves the feisty city girl. She is said to be “thrilled for her father.”
- Nancy officially divorced her husband of 23 years, Bruce Blakeman, a powerful lawyer, in December 2008. They have a teenage son, Arlen. Supposedly, their break up was amicable and mutual.
- Nancy has been dating the Beatle since her separation in November 2007. She was first caught giving Paul mouth-to-mouth resuscitation after his split from Heather Mills at her luxurious hideout in the Hamptons.