- Roger Ailes of News Corps hired Sarah Palin as a political commenter on Fox News “because she was hot and got ratings,” he told the AP. Jesus. Sexist much? Do you even want to pretend you hired her for her brains? [Yahoo]
- The Women’s Museum of Dallas is planning to close on October 31 due to financial difficulties. What a shame. Anyone ever been? [Dallas Art News]
- Slut! Growing Up Female With A Bad Reputation author Leora Tanenbaum attended a recent SlutWalk protest in New York City — and was not too pleased with it. [Huffington Post]
- The November 2011 issue of Architectural Digest magazine features a lesbian couple on the cover: the lovable Portia di Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres. [SheWired]
- Does the world need zombie rape scenes? I’m going with “no” on that one. [Think Progress]
- Anyone in the New York City area? Check out the Reel Sisters Film Festival in Brooklyn on October 15 and 16 for screenings of films by and about black women. [Reel Sisters]
- Happy 40th birthday, Our Bodies, Ourselves! CNN looks back on when the iconic women’s health book used to be considered “filthy trash.” [CNN]
Do you have an article or blog post to submit to Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. You can follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.