Today’s Lady News: Fox News Chief Hired Sarah Palin “Because She Was Hot”
- Roger Ailes of News Corps hired Sarah Palin as a political commenter on Fox News “because she was hot and got ratings,” he told the AP. Jesus. Sexist much? Do you even want to pretend you hired her for her brains? [Yahoo]
- The Women’s Museum of Dallas is planning to close on October 31 due to financial difficulties. What a shame. Anyone ever been? [Dallas Art News]
- Slut! Growing Up Female With A Bad Reputation author Leora Tanenbaum attended a recent SlutWalk protest in New York City — and was not too pleased with it. [Huffington Post]
- The November 2011 issue of Architectural Digest magazine features a lesbian couple on the cover: the lovable Portia di Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres. [SheWired]
- Does the world need zombie rape scenes? I’m going with “no” on that one. [Think Progress]
- Anyone in the New York City area? Check out the Reel Sisters Film Festival in Brooklyn on October 15 and 16 for screenings of films by and about black women. [Reel Sisters]
- Happy 40th birthday, Our Bodies, Ourselves! CNN looks back on when the iconic women’s health book used to be considered “filthy trash.” [CNN]
Do you have an article or blog post to submit to Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. You can follow me on Twitter at @JessicaWakeman.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.