What Should Amanda Knox Do Now?
Just two hours after seeing her conviction for murder overturned, Amanda Knox was released from prison in Perugia, Italy, after being held there since 2007. Upon her release, she thanked those “who shared my suffering and helped me survive with hope. Those who wrote, those who defended me, those who were close, those who prayed for me.” From there, she reportedly headed to Leonardo da Vinci airport, and is thought to be on a flight back to the United States via London. [CBS News]
Knox has of course expressed that she is anxious to get back home to her friends and family. As she reconnects with them, here are some things we’d suggest she do to reorient herself to normal life.
- Eat a big Mexican dinner. Or get Chinese takeout. We bet she is feeling pasta fatigue after being in Italian prison so long.
- Make a decision about which news venue to do her first interview with. Apparently ABC, NBC, and CBS are all vying for the honor.
- Since she will be brand new to the whole “Real Housewives” phenomenon, she should get someone to quiz her on how to tell all the botoxed ladies apart.
- Listen to Adele‘s 21, Kanye West’s My Dark Twisted Fantasy, Arcade Fire’s The Suburbs and every other big album she missed during the past four years.
- Buy a pair of jeggings.
- Start a tumblr blog.
- Catch up on “Lost.” Homegirl never got a chance to see the final episode, let alone the last three seasons. So many surprises await her.
- Marvel at Heidi Montag‘s new face.
- Get started on a memoir.
- Do a movie marathon of “The King’s Speech,” “The Hurt Locker,” “Slumdog Millionaire,” and “No Country For Old Men”—the movies that won Oscars for Best Picture while she was locked up.
- Look into a job consulting for the State Department on Americans who commit crimes in other countries.
- Meet up with the Iranian hikers, who were also released recently after two years being held there.
All this said, we feel terrible for Meredith Kercher’s family. It seems pretty clear that Knox was not the one responsible for her horrible murder. Still, Kercher’s family expressed that they feel “back to square one.” We hope they will get some new answers on what happened to Meredith soon.