Today’s Lady News: Army Appoints First Black Female Two-Star General
- The US Army has appointed Gen. Marcia Anderson as its first-ever black female two-star general. Gen. Anderson is already the highest-ranking woman in the Army. Congratulations! [The Grio]
- A federal judge has refused to block a law in Kansas that limits the availability of insurance coverage for abortions. The law, which went into effect in July, forbids health insurance companies from offering coverage for abortion in their basic plans. The judge claimed the ACLU failed to prove how the KS legislature intentionally approved the law to make it more difficult for women to have abortions. [New York Times]
- First Lady Michelle Obama held a press conference this week with the National Science Foundation about the Career-Life Balance Initiative, which is aimed at women working in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. The initiative seeks to aid women who want to advance in these male-dominated fields while also raising families. I know we have a bunch of Frisky readers who work in engineering, so I would love to hear your thoughts on this! [The Mary Sue]
- This 74-year-old grandma stopped a thief in her son’s home with a frying pan. Respect. [Madame Noire]
- Exploring some black women’s feelings towards the Kardashians. [The Grio]
- Feministing’s executive editor Samhita Mukhopadhyay explains why feminists have better sex. (It’s true! I’ll swear on a stack of Bibles.) [Globe & Mail]
- Can boobs and substance co-exist in comics? After Ellen investigates. [After Ellen]
- Happy 40th birthday to Our Bodies, Ourselves, the iconic women’s health book that spoke to woman candidly about their own bodies. [The Daily Beast]
If you have an article or blog post for Today’s Lady News, send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.