10 Things You Need For The Perfect Girls’ Night In
Oh, happy day! “Bridesmaids” — you know, the number one female-centric comedy ever — is out on DVD and Blu-Ray today. In honor of the film, we’re thinking about what makes for the perfect girls’ night in. Here are 10 essential elements — and remember … no boys allowed!1. Cotton balls, nail polish remover, and a whole bunch of nail polish colors. Doing your own nails is cheaper than going to the salon, but it’s also more difficult for those of us who are not ambidextrous. As Dionne Warwick famously sang, “That’s what friends are for.” Giving each other manis and pedis is economical and practical; just make sure everyone washes their feet first because, eww, gross.
2. Cheap champagne cocktails. Nothing takes the bite out of a $9 bottle of Cristalino like some sort of juice. This also allows for you and your friends to come up with a creative name for your drink special. For inspiration, I suggest you watch this video of me creating the now-famous-in-Jamaica “ChampTing!” (If champagne isn’t your thing, check out some of the fun recipes provided on the “Bridesmaids” Girls’ Night In Facebook page.)
3. Fattening food. Crudite and hummus are BS. The perfect Girls Night In spread sticks to three food groups: carbs, sugar, and deviled eggs. Here’s a killer recipe from Paula Deen, our own personal Girls’ Night In party planning spirit animal.
4. Lots of toilet paper. What? Just incase all those deviled eggs don’t sit right.
5. Games. I am a fan of the classics, but I like to add my own juvenile dirty spin. Give “Sexual Scrabble,” “Strip Yahtzee,” and “Porno Charades” a whirl! Because getting naked and talking dirty around your female friends is fun!
6. An embarrassingly girly mixtape. The only time I listen to Miley Cyrus’ “Party in the USA” or the entire Wilson Phillips catalog is when I am drunk on cheap champagne cocktails, stuffed full of deviled eggs, and donning a bad amateur pedicure. In other words, when I am with my friends, away from the prying, judgmental eyes of the outside world.
7. Tissues. Just incase someone cries. And, no, toilet paper won’t do. You’re a hostess, remember?
8. Cellphones in Airplane mode. That way you can still take photos of all the fun, but your co-dependent friend Beth can’t spend the entire night texting her boyfriend. Who invited her anyway?
9. A good attitude! When your happily coupled up friends discuss their relationships, put on your best “love is eternal face.” If you can’t manage that, the “enduring mild menstrual cramps” look will have to do.
10. “Bridesmaids,” out on Blu-Ray/DVD today. Because, duh, what do you think inspired this post in the first place? I would normally recommend that you play the “Bridesmaids” drinking game — take a shot every time you laugh! — but I have a small apartment with one toilet and don’t want anyone to have to puke in my kitchen sink because it clogs easily.
Get more tips, games, and party ideas from the “Bridesmaids” Girls’ Night In Facebook page. And check out a special Blu-Ray clip from the uncut version of the film (in stores today) below!
This post was sponsored by the movie “Bridesmaids,” out on DVD and Blu-Ray today.