Yes, There Are A Lot Of Products In My Shower
Take a look at that picture. Clearly, I have a problem. I’m a products whore. I like bath products, okay? Of course I don’t use all of these every time I shower, but I like to have some variation, just in case one day I want to smell like a walking basket of ginger limes and another I want to smell like a tea shop. You know how it goes. Plus, everything in my shower has been personally vetted and tested–by me!–to ensure the utmost in quality. So without further ado, all the stuff in my shower, which I recommend you try… 1. Clairol Shimmer Lights Blonde and Silver Conditioner: I try not to was my hair as much as possible. It helps keep the color preserved and also my hair looks better the dirtier it is (Amelia, I know you know what I’m talking about). When I do wash my hair, I use this conditioner because it helps preserve the white-blond tone of my hair and keeps it from turning the crappy, ashy yellow color.
2. Frederic Fekkai Protein RX Anti-Breakage Treatment Mask: When you dye your hair stark raving white, well, you can do a lot of damage. That’s why one of the first things I did after the dye job was head straight over to RickysNYC and stock up on protein treatments. I use this treatment as a leave-in conditioner and a styling product. The more the merrier.
3. L’Oreal Professionnel Colorist Collection Blondes White Violet Shampoo Hair Shampoos: I was told by an also-dyed blond friend that in order to help preserve color, it was best to leave this shampoo in for an extra ten minutes or so when you can. It acts as a sort of toner, helping to keep the hair whiter, longer.
4. Pure Fiji Coconut Sugar Rub: I love to use an exfoliator before I shave–I feel like it totally helps make my legs stay smoother longer. This sugar rub from Pure Fiji smells good enough to eat, and it’s natural enough that if you actually did try a taste of it you’d probably be fine.
5. Malin + Goetz Bergamot Shower Gel: Why can’t everything in life smell as good as Malin + Goetz’ bergamot? It’s pleasant-smelling without being overly sweet or feminine.
6. Pacifica Malibu Lemon Blossom Body WashBut for those days when you insist on smelling like a citrus orchard, Pacifica’s Malibu Lemon Blossom wash does the trick.
7. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser: I have mucho sensitivo skin, but this Fresh cleanser is gentle enough not to bother my complexion. It also smells inexplicably like cucumbers.
8. Clark’s Botanicals Skin Clearing Face and Body Wash: This algae-rich wash has exfoliating properties and salcylic acid, to help clear up acne-prone skin.
9. Eos Shaving Cream: So the great thing about Eos shaving cream is that you can use it wet or dry. Which means if you are running out the door and suddenly realize your legs are all stubbly and gross (raises hand) you can do a quick Eos shave and be on your way, no nicks or cuts necessary.
10. True Blue Morocco Cedarwood & Spice Warming Body Scrub: Body scrubs are great. Warming body scrubs are even better.
11. Sampar Poreless Magic Peel: I like to do a peel a couple of times a week. This poreless magic peel from Sampar is nice and mild but gives my skin an added zing.
12. Eight Ginger Lime Body Wash: This ginger lime wash smells unbelievably fresh and vibrant. Isn’t that what we all want from a body wash?