Today’s Lady News: Rick Perry Signs Anti-Abortion Pledge
- Republican presidential nominee wannabe Rick Perry signed an anti-abortion pledge with several scary provisions: were he to be elected he would nominate anti-abortion judges, appoint only anti-abortion appointees, push to defund Planned Parenthood, and sign something called the “Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act,” which is about a scientifically sound as an episode of “Dr. Who.” [Think Progress]
- Young conservative women are not pleased they were categorized in an Elle article as “baby Palins.” [Daily Caller]
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) spoke at a women’s health rally on behalf of Planned Parenthood and she has “never felt my right as a woman was more threatened than I do today,” before urging the crowd, “Tell the governor to stop playing politics with women’s health.” [Florida Independent]
- Who’s on top of Forbes’ annual World’s Most Powerful Women list? [Forbes]
- Medicare might pay for STD screening for senior citizens — which is great, but probably TMI when it comes to thinking about your Nana. [Miami Herald]
- And now in “no duh” news: slashing the budget for women’s preventative healthcare doesn’t save states any money in the long-run. Listen up, Texas! [Think Progress]
- Two former high-ranking partners at Booz Allen Hamilton, the contracting firm, have filed sexual discrimination lawsuits against the company because they claim they were fired for being women. One of the women also said the male high-ranking partners frequently held golf trips the women were excluded from, which created a “glass ceiling” appearance at the company. [Washington Post]
- Actress Romola Garai of the new BBC series “The Hour” talks about the body images pressures on actresses. “When I was very young, I was encouraged — and when I say encouraged, I mean forced — to lose weight for a job,” she told NYmag.com. “I don’t want to be put in a situation where that would happen again, so I don’t go for the job where that would be in the cards. It’s destructive, and I can’t handle it, psychologically. I think it’s a way to remind women that they’re not really in control.” [NYmag.com]
- Orthodox rabbis are urging Jewish lesbians and gays to procreate with each other. [Ynet News]
- Too many women and girls are being referred for genital cosmetic surgery in Britain (or “designer vaginas”), say UK experts. [BBC]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.