“Project Runway”‘s All-Star Edition Won’t Feature Any Of The Show’s Stars
Just as “America’s Next Top Model” is returning this fall with a season of “all stars” (read: also-rans who didn’t win), “Project Runway” is also pulling out its past losers for an all star season, featuring past season runner-ups who are angling for a second chance at top prize. The difference? The all-star show won’t feature any of the “Proj Run” team we’ve come to know and love/loathe. No Michael Kors or Nina Garcia, noi Gunn(!) and no Heidi Klum. Instead, Sports Illustrated model Angela Lindvall will play Heidi’s part and Isaac Mizrahi and Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman will handle judging duties.
So who’s actually going to be competing on the all-star season? So far, the list includes:
- Austin Scarlett: (New York, NY) Season 1, Fourth Place
- Kara Janx: (New York, NY) Season 2, Fourth Place
- Elisa Jimenez: (New York, NY) Season 4, Tenth Place
- Rami Kashou: (Los Angeles, CA) Season 4, Runner-up
- Sweet P/Kathleen Vaughn: (Pasadena, CA) Season 4, Fifth Place
- Jerell Scott: (New York, NY) Season 5, Fourth Place
- Kenley Collins: (Brooklyn, NY) Season 5, Second Runner-up
- Gordana Gehlhausen: (San Diego, CA) Season 6, Fourth Place
- Anthony Williams: Season 7, Fifth Place
- Mila Hermanovski: (Los Angeles, CA) Season 7, Second Runner-up
- April Johnston: (Savannah, GA) Season 8, Fifth Place
- Michael Costello: (Palm Springs, CA) Season 8, Fourth Place
- Mondo Guerra: (Denver, CO) Season 8, Runner-up
Marie Claire editor Joanna Coles (no stranger to reality TV competitions with her mag’s own show, “Running In Heels”) has signed on to serve as mentor to the contestants. Somehow Coles’ breezy British accent urging Michael Costello and Kenley Collins to “make it work” just doesn’t sound as sweet. But one thing we’re kind of psyched for: Angela Lindvall has a reputation as an environmentalist and even runs her own foundation, Collage Foundation, dedicated to promoting sustainability, so we bet there’ll be a lot of green challenges. And we’re definitely excited to see how these designers have evolved since we first met them.
So, tell us: Anybody on this list you’d rather auf right away? Anyone missing that you’d like to see?