Sure, last night’s episode of “True Blood” (SPOILER ALERT) felt mired in lengthy scenes featuring Jason and those horrible werepanthers. But still, there was plenty to enjoy, especially Eric in his wide-eyed, teenage-like amnesiac state. After the jump, the best, worst, and most WTF moments of the episode “I’m Alive and on Fire.”The Good:
- It might not have been the nicest thing for Eric to kill Sookie’s faerie godmother. But how adorable was he while drunk on her blood? His lame attempt to flirt with Sookie by squeezing her butt made me chuckle. And when he went for a skinny dip in the creek, it was so sweet to see an ear-to-ear smile on his face while he luxuriated in the sun.
- Finally, we get a little more Alcide. Specifically, Alcide stripping off his clothes. (Hey, we almost saw crotch there.) Last week, I wondered if Joe Manganiello had gotten too beefy. After last night, I can say that, no, he is perfect. That guy is so hot that he even makes a nice looking wolf.
- Man, Sookie is one lucky lady. Not only did she have Eric say sweet things like, “I’ll never get to see the light in your hair again,” she also shared a very tender embrace with Alcide. Thank goodness she’s getting over Bill and can see the possibility with these two guys.
- Arlene’s baby continues to get more and more creepy. This time, when given a red crayon in his crib, he scrawls the words “Baby not yours” on the wall, and then proceeds to adorably chew on the crayon. Love this plot.
- Wait, is that Goddrick I see in the scenes from the next episode? Yes!
- Oh man, did we really need to draw out the plot of a viagra-ed up Jason being raped by all the women of the gross werepanther family? Worst line of the episode, as one of them hops off: “You’re the best I ever had. Next!” Ugh. At least Jason escaped, even if he may be dying. Here’s hoping we never have to see the werepanthers again.
- No, no, no! I do not accept Sam’s parents coming back into the picture. I don’t even really care about his brother at this point. (Side note: can’t he just shift into a small animal to get out of the collar?) Just no more Joe Lee.
- Speaking of characters I do not approve of—Debbie, get the eff out of Alcide’s life, mkay?
- Marnie going into another one of her witchy trances and compelling Pam to pull apart her cheek. That scene totally turned my stomach. Also, don’t mess with Pam’s beautiful face.
- Bill discovering that the latest girl he’s been boning, Portia Bellefleur, is actually his great, great, great grandaughter. Oops.
- Was Portia and Andy’s mother played by Mona from “Who’s The Boss?” I now have the theme song in my head.
What did you think of last night’s episode?