“True Blood” season four had been off to a phenomenal start, with two episodes that caught us up on where the characters had been for the past year and set up all sorts of plot twists, turns, and unexpected staking for the weeks to come. So it was inevitable that we had to get a dud at some point. [For what it's worth, I have to say, I LOVED last night's episode. -- Amelia] And that’s just what last night’s episode felt like—filler that didn’t get us very far in the journey from point A to point B. Still, even a meh “True Blood” episode is a treat, so after the jump, the best, worst, and most WTF moments from the episode. And if you haven’t watched yet, SPOILER ALERT.The Good:
- Amnesiac Eric. I absolutely love that the Wiccan coven unexpectedly wiped Eric’s memories and sense of self last week. Alexander Skarsgaard is killing lost soul Eric. By changing up his hair and his expression, all of a sudden this character seems so vulnerable instead of in control and powerful.
- An unabashed “Jersey Shore” reference. On that note, I loved Eric calling Sookie “Snooki,” after hearing her name for the first time.
- Alcide is back! Thank goodness that man mountain Joe Manganeillo had a moment in an episode, finally.
- The hotness that is Pam. Is it just me, or is she even cooler than usual this season? That red sequin dress is amazing.
- The creepy baby meets the creepy baby doll. Ever since he tore off his first Barbie head, I have loved Arlene’s son. So I thought it was hilarious when Jessica gifted him with that eerie baby doll that keeps reappearing in her house.
- The sex panthers. I will admit that last season, I wasn’t the biggest fan of Crystal and her hillbilly, V-dealing family. But now that we know they are panther shape-shifters who are obsessed with continuing their blood line—well, ick. Can we just stop this plot already? I hated that last scene, where Crystal slipped Jason Viagra and is riding him when he wakes up. And all the woman in her family are in a line to bone him. So wrong—and a bit rapey? Not to mention that some of those girls are far under age.
- Alcide’s girlfriend. What?!?!? Alcide and freaking Debbie are back together? Do. Not Approve.
- Jessica glamoring Hoyt. Bad move, lady, bad move.
- Bill slutting it up. Can you stop sleeping with every woman in Bon Temps and start trying to win Sookie back?
- Obvious product placement. Remember that video of a vampire caught on tape feeding on a human that led Bill to issue the punishment of the true death? Didn’t that seem like a minute-long YouTube commercial to you? I swear the logo in the corner was far bigger than usual.
- Uncreative naming. Wait, that faerie land where Sookie was is simply called Faerie? Boring.
- Sookie’s insistence on bringing the side ponytail back. Let’s get the girl a new ‘do.
- Jason’s underbeard. Speaking of, I still don’t understand why Jason only has facial hair under his chin.
What did you think of last night’s episode?