Today’s Lady News: School For Teen Moms Closes In Detroit
- A school for teenaged mothers and pregnant teen girls, Catherine Ferguson Academy, closed in Detroit due to budget cuts. [The Grio]
- “People are going to say, ‘I gotta make a choice and go with the intelligent woman who’s every bit as attractive.'” — Depressing quote from an article about Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin’s rumored presidential campaigns. [Politico]
- In other Palin news, the UK’s Margaret Thatcher is really not interested in meeting her. [The Sun UK]
- The EU has warned Germany, Austria and the Netherlands that they have to better integrate women into their workforces. [Daily Mail UK]
- Connecticut’s state Senate advanced a transgender anti-discrimination bill. [Jurist.org]
- North Carolina’s state Senate is expected to vote today on requiring a 24-hour waiting period and counseling for women seeking an abortion. (Thanks to commenter LR52185 for the link!) [WRAL]
- Months after CBS reporter Lara Logan was sexually assaulted while reporting in Egypt, the Committee to Protect Journalists has released a report on journalists and sexual assault. [Feministing]
- Jane Pratt and Zooey Deschanel both launched lady-centric web sites. But are they any good? [The Daily Beast]
- Twenty-five women who are driving New York City’s tech scene. [Beta Beat]
- Novelist Diana Abu-Jaber responds to V.S. Naipaul’s recent comments that women are crap writers. Talking to NPR is so classy. I would have just pants-ed the guy. [NPR]
- The International Criminal Court is investigating claims that Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi ordered the rapes of hundreds of women. [BBC]
- Ethiopian girls are fighting back against forced marriages as child brides. [BBC]
- Albertina Sisulu, the “mother” of South Africa’s apartheid movement, died last week at age 92. [New York Times, Black Voices]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.