Today’s Lady News: Male Politician “Meows” At Female Colleague In Flagrant Act Of Immaturity
- This is the kind of BS that women in politics have to put up with: David Bushby, a male politician in Australia, was told not to interrupt by female politician Penny Wong, and he responded by meowing at her. [Telegraph UK, YouTube]
- How to write about Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann without invoking a “catfight.” [Poytner]
- Meghan McCain, a conservative columnist for The Daily Beast, is penning a book with comedian Michael Ian Black called Stupid For America. [Paste Magazine]
- California’s state Senate advanced a bill that would protect employers for canceling health insurance for women on maternity leave for up to four months. [San Jose Mercury News]
- Meet Lakeesha Harris and Janean Watkins of Chicago, the first gay couple in Illinois to get a civil union. Mazel tov! [Queerty]
- A female soldier asks, why join the military? [BlogHer]
- Sarah Silverman has gotten a deal to write scripts for Imagine Television, which works with Twentieth Century Fox. New TV show, please? [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Catwoman is a playable character in the new “Batman: Arkham City” video game. Alas, the trailer leaves something to be desired. [The Mary Sue]
- Clarice Taylor, the actress who played Bill Cosby’s mother on “The Cosby Show,” died Monday at age 93. In the 1960s, Taylor was a member of the Negro Ensemble Company, which helped bring black actors into the arts. In 1986, she earned an Emmy nomination for her role as Anna Huxtable. [People]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.