Today’s Lady News: NYPD “Rape Cop” Jurors Speak Out
- After yesterday’s acquittal of two NYPD cops accused of raping a drunk woman who needed assistance getting into her apartment, several jurors speak out about the case. Do the jurors comments change how you feel? [NY Times]
- The Daily Beast’s Jesse Ellison on the time her friend was raped by a cop. [The Daily Beast]
- Check out the first picture of Merida, the Scottish princess heroine who’ll be the first female protagonist of a Pixar flick! [The Mary Sue]
- Planned Parenthood has filed a lawsuit challenging South Dakota’s heinous new law that requires a 72-hour waiting period and quote-unquote “counseling” from a so-called “crisis pregnancy center” for a woman to have an abortion. [Washington Post]
- The Air Force Academy made history this year by graduating four sisters: Lauren Robillard (2007), Nicole Robillard (2009), and twins Amanda and Alicia Robillard (2011). Interestingly, neither of their parents were in the military. Congratulations, ladies! [The Mary Sue]
- A mom in Utah tried to sell her 13-year-old daughter’s virginity to some man for $10,000. So horrifying. [Fox News]
- Slate’s Emily Bazelon on how the pro-life (er, anti-abortion) movement is being reincarnated. [NY Times]
- Rebecca Watson of Skepchick.org on whether there’s any truth to the stereotype of “women’s intuition.” [The Mary Sue]
- Two families of women who died in childbirth are suing the Ugandan government for not working more successfully to lower the maternal mortality rate. [Guardian UK]
- Saudi Arabia has opened the world’s largest university for women, but what jobs will Saudi women actually be able to get in its strictly-separated society once they graduate? [Guardian UK]
- Leonora Carrington, a British surrealist artist who was a contemporary of Max Ernst, Salvador Dali and Pablo Picasso, died at age 94 in Mexico City. One of her works, “The Inn of the Dawn Horse (Self-Portrait),” hangs in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. (And in Carrington’s honor, here’s an article about how pre-modernist art academies excluded women.) [NY Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.