Today’s Lady News: Sen. Claire McCaskill Tweets About “Feeling Fat”
- Senator Claire McCaskill of Missouri tweeted that she’s “tired of looking and feeling fat.” Is it cool and relatable that even senators feel fat sometimes? Or sad that one of the female senators is complaining about her weight? [Twitter.com/clairecmc]
- Fifty-five years ago, Burlyce Logan was one of 11 black students to integrate the University of North Texas. After “two years of hell” — racist taunting, being flunked by teachers on purpose — she dropped out. This Saturday, Burlyce will finally graduate. Congratulations! [The Grio]
- In perhaps related news, a new study out of Arizona State University of found that one in four women would prefer severe depression and one in 10 women would prefer blindness over obesity. That’s … depressing. [Salon.com]
- This June, PBS will air a documentary called “Two Spirits” about a transgender Navajo youth who was murdered in 2001 at age 16 because of his gender and sexuality. [South Florida Gay News]
- What does it say about American culture if black women spend billions on weaves and hair products? [Atlanta Post]
- Y’all have to check out Out Of The Vinyl Deeps: Ellen Willis On Rock Music, a book about the radical feminist and first pop music critic for The New Yorker magazine. You can watch a trailer for the book on Feministing. [Feministing]
- The amazing New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof on female genital mutilation: its supporters call it a rite when it should be called torture. [New York Times]
- Discussion on Uganda’s terrifying bill to further criminalize homosexuality was delayed because of a walkout. But the bill should still be debated this week and is expected to pass. [The Root]
- Three female directors kicked off the main competition of the Cannes Film Festival in France this evening — whoo hoo! [Monsters and Critics]
- And you can read more about female directors at Cannes here! [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.