9 Theories On Why Arnold Schwarzenegger And Maria Shriver Split
Perhaps the statute of limitations on opposites attracting runs out after 25 years? Today, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver announced that they are splitting up after 25 years of marriage. “This has been a time of great personal and professional transition for each of us,” a joint statement read. “After a great deal of thought, reflection, discussion, and prayer, we came to this decision together. At this time, we are living apart, while we work on the future of our relationship.”
So what happened? We’re not exactly sure. But seems like a perfect time to speculate, no? After the jump, nine theories on what went wrong.
- Maria finally saw “Conan the Barbarian” and was not impressed.
- Democrats and Republicans really can’t get along, after all. I mean, see what happened with the whole budget issue?
- Prince William and Kate Middleton are coming to California soon and Arnold said he is going to host them. Maria is really against the monarchy and left him in protest.
- Maria stopped believing, as she vehemently defended during his run for governor, that Arnold acted appropriately with the seven women who accused him of sexual misconduct.
- Or maybe Maria was just unhappy about having to leave the governor’s mansion last January?
- Arnie was terrible about putting the toilet seat down.
- Maria had hoped that after his governership, Arnold would actually spend time with the family. When she heard he wanted to make another “Terminator” movie, that was the final straw.
- Maria saw Congressman Aaron Schock’s abs on the cover of Men’s Health and decided it was time for a new musclebound politician.
What do you think happened with these two?