Today’s Lady News: Girl Scouts Help Develop A Prosthetic Hand For 3-Year-Old Girl
- A Girl Scout troop in Iowa, who calls themselves the Flying Monkeys, helped develop a prosthetic hand for a disabled three-year-old girl named Danielle. Geez, I wonder what kind of badge they earned for that! [The Mary Sue]
- A straight Republican by the name of Madeleine Koch, age 24, spoke out on against Minnesota’s impending gay marriage ban in this touching video. [Buzzfeed]
- Osama bin Laden hid behind women — i.e. a female body shield — in the firefight that eventually took his life because he’s classy like that. Really, why not newborn babies? [Reuters]
- Anna Holmes, blogger and founder of Jezebel.com, takes Donald Trump’s sexism to task in this great piece in The Washington Post. [WaPo]
- Texas’ state Senate has advanced a bill that requires a woman to watch and listen to a sonogram before having an abortion. If she refuses to watch or listen, the doctor must describe to her in detail what’s on the sonogram based on what he or she can see onscreen. She then must wait 24 hours before having the abortion, unless she lives more than 100 miles away from the clinic. Utter and complete BS. [DallasNews.com]
- Maine’s Judiciary Committee is set to examine three abortion-related bills tomorrow, including one which would impose a 24-hour waiting period on abortions. [Sea Coast Online]
- A fancy Facebook graph tells us just how, exactly, the genders break down when describing themselves as comic book fans. [The Mary Sue]
- Frisky contributer Chloe Angyal was lucky enough to hear Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor speak at Princeton this weekend! Here’s her account. [Feministing]
- Should black designers only cast black runway models? [Clutch Magazine]
- Meet 16-year-old Tanesa Patterson, a young designer who is making 35 lucky girls prom dresses for free! [The Grio]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.