Today’s Lady News: Kansas Wants To Defund Planned Parenthood
- Kansas’ proposed state budget aims to remove $300K in federal funding away from family planning services at Planned Parenthood and redirect them to clinics elsewhere — all because Planned Parenthood clinics provide abortions. Planned Parenthood also provides Pap smears, contraceptives, STD testing, and other medical services for women — Low-income women would be most impacted by the cut in federal funding. This nonsense has to stop, people. For real. [Kansas.com]
- What bearing do decades old articles about romantic woes from Ebony magazine, a lifestyle mag targeted towards black women, reveal about black women’s lives today? [Clutch Magazine]
- “So simple even your wife can turn on the DVD.” Yes, that’s a real advertisement for electronics store AudioOne! Classy. [Ms. Magazine]
- This long profile of Barack Obama’s mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, and what compelled her to move to Hawaii and then Indonesia as a young woman is utterly compelling. I highly recommend you read it! [New York Times Magazine]
- What will new credit card regulations mean for women? The Nation investigates. [The Nation]
- Dudes try to explain why men catcall women (though I say it defies explanation). [Em & Lo]
- JD Samson from the bands Le Tigre and MEN checks in with Ms. magazine about being trans, working with Christina Aguilera on Xtina’s Bionic album, and JD’s song about queer people having babies. [Ms. Magazine]
- I’m dying to read The Girl’s Guide To Homelessness, by Brianna Karp, a memoir about a 23-year-old woman who was laid off from her $50K-a-year job in Orange County, California, and ended up living in a Walmart parking lot. [ParentDish]
- Kathleen Hanna from Bikini Kill and Le Tigre very sweetly remembers feminist punk legend Poly Styrene, who died on Monday from cancer. [KathleenHanna.com]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.