Today’s Lady News: Pat Robertson Says Women Have Abortions To Be More Like Lesbians
- Pat Robertson said liberal women like to “abort their babies” so they can be on “a level playing field” with “lesbians.” That’s an actual quote from his show, “The 700 Club,” people. Does that even make sense? What kind of playing field are we talking about here? Is softball on a field? Also, in Pat Robertson’s sperm bank-less universe lesbians cannot have children. Sigh. Old White Men Who Don’t Get It are the gift that keeps on giving. [Gawker]
- A Louisiana state rep has proposed a bill that would criminalize all abortions in the state as “feticide” or murder, including abortions in the case of rape, incest or to save the health or life of the mother. This is grim, people. [Mother Jones]
- Katie Couric officially announced today that she will leave her anchor chair at “CBS Evening News.” Couric was the first-ever woman to anchor a nightly news broadcast solo. [MSNBC]
- Earlier this month, a transgender woman was beaten by patrons inside a McDonalds in Rosedale, Maryland, and were egged on by McDonalds staff — all of which were captured on video. (Warning: the video is very upsetting) A 14-year-old girl has been charged in connection with the assault and charges are pending against an 18-year-old girl. To say this violence is terribly, terribly sad does not do it justice. [Change.org]
- Lawyers for House Republicans dropped a lawsuit this week which would have defended the anti-gay marriage Defense of Marriage Act after pressure from gay rights supporters. [The Week]
- The FBI’s definition of “forcible rape” — “The carnal knowledge of a female, forcibly and against her will” — is older than Clint Eastwood, Mickey Mouse and the Empire State Building. [Ms. Magazine]
- NPR examines the lives of two drug-addicted prostitutes who are trying to clean up, learn skills and make better choices. [NPR]
- Male chefs staged a walkout of a restaurant called The London NYC in Manhattan after commis chef, Janet Kim, called out sexual harassment and accused the owners of allowing an atmosphere in which she was allegedly called a whore, propositioned for oral sex, and told to go work in the “c**t corner.” Ugh. Please explain to me why she is allegedly harassed and they walk out? [New York Post]
- New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof reminds us that sex trafficking victims are not always young women coming from other places, like Eastern Europe or Southeast Asian, but even young runaways in America trying to escape bad home lives. [New York Times]
- Designer Anna Sui received Harvard University’s Leadership in the Arts award last Friday for her work in fashion. [WWD]
- Singer and guitarist Phoebe Snow, famous for her ’70s hit, “Poetry Man,” died today at age 60. [Gawker]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.