Today’s Lady News: Apparently, Duke Nukem Spanks Women, Too
- So, allegedly, the new, soon-to-be-released “Duke Nukem Forever” video game doesn’t just involve slapping a woman “to get her to calm down,” but spanking her, too. Now, I’m all for spanking. But I’m for consensual spanking. Honestly, “Duke Nukem Forever” gets more pervy every week. [Kotaku]
- House Republicans want to use as much as $500,000 of taxpayer money to pay lawyers to uphold the Defense of Marriage Act, which is an anti-gay marriage piece of law that codifies marriage as between a man and a woman. Oh, hell no. [Huffington Post]
- Why are professional athletes curiously silent during Sexual Assault Awareness Month? That’s a gooooood question. [The Grio]
- Dahlia Lithwick from Slate.com addresses the possible death of Roe vs. Wade, the lawsuit that effectively legalized abortion in the U.S. [Slate]
- Univision is on blast from the Latino blog Guanabee for inconsistent “moral standards” when it comes to scantily clad ladies. [Guanabee]
- A 13-year-old middle school student in Silverton, Oregon, was sent home from school on Tuesday for wearing one of those breast cancer awareness “I love boobies” bracelets to school. [KPTV]
- Ginia Bellafante, one of The New York Times’ most well-known TV critics, panned HBO’s new show “Game of Thrones” as sexist “boy fiction.” Anyone watch it? What do y’all think? [NYTimes.com]
- Please check out these cervical cancer prevention strategies for Latinas, who are apparently more likely than caucasians to be sufferers because they get cancer-detecting Pap smears in fewer numbers. [Latino.FoxNews.com]
- “Dr. Who” and “The Sarah Jane Adventures” actress Elisabeth Sladen passed away at age 63 from cancer. [The Sun UK]
- A judge in Australia has approved preliminary sex change therapy for a 10-year-old born as a boy who has been living as a girl. [The Week]
If you see a story you think belongs in Today’s Lady News, please send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com. Thanks!
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.