Today’s Lady News: Bristol Palin Makes Bank Preaching Abstinence For The Candies Foundation
- According to an investigation by Jezebel reporter Irin Carmon, The Candies Foundation paid $252,500 in fees in 2009 to pro-abstinence teen mom Bristol Palin, while only giving $35,000 to actual anti-teen pregnancy initiatives. Color us shocked. That PSA that Bristol Palin made sure paid big, didn’t it? [Jezebel]
- Vince Neil of Motley Crue has been charged with domestic violence and disorderly conduct for allegedly forcefully poking his ex-girlfriend in the shoulder blade with his finger in March while in Las Vegas. Neil reportedly began poking several people with his finger, including his ex, while saying “f**k you.” [TMZ]
- Remember the anti-abortion billboards in Chicago depicting President Obama which imply women who have abortions could be “killing” the next great leader? Well, abortion rights activists hung banners over them. [Chicago Tribune]
- A Florida lawmaker was admonished for using the word “uterus” on the House floor. What a dirty, dirty word. [Palm Beach Post via Feminist Philosophers]
- A transgender actress is performing in “The Vagina Monologues,” a play by Eve Ensler, being staged in Westport, Connecticut. [Westport News]
- The Missouri’s state Senate was unable to advance a bill that would ban abortions after 20 weeks (based on the claim made by anti-abortion protestors that after 20 weeks a fetus can feel pain). [The Citizen: KC Metro Edition]
- Three more pieces of human remains have washed ashore at Long Island Beach, leading police to believe a serial killer going after women may have killed as many as eight victims. Many of the identified women worked as prostitutes advertising on Craigslist. [ABC News]
- Women in Anchorage, Alaska, who use the local Planned Parenthood for a variety of services, say they’re being harassed and intimidated by anti-abortion protestors as they’re walking inside. [KTVA]
- Blogger Chloe Angyal, a Frisky contributer, responds to a piece by Chelsea Fagan on Thought Catalog that questioned the need for Toronto’s “SlutWalk” against sexual assault and suggested women wouldn’t get raped if they didn’t dress like prostitutes. Which, ironically, is the same thing a Toronto cop suggested to women which necessitated the organization of the SlutWalk in the first place. [Feministing]
- Recently, we read about a Libyan woman who burst into a room full of journalists to say she’d been raped and beaten by Col. Muammar Qaddafi’s men and was dragged out of the room screaming. She was immediately denounced by some Libyans as a thief and a prostitute. The New York Times has followed up with the woman, Eman al-Obeidy, who said she was held in solitary confinement without medical attention and eventually forced in front of a TV camera, with guns pointing at her off camera, to renounce her claims of rape. [New York Times]
- “Thelma & Louise” stars Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis will reunite in Toronto to celebrate the film’s 20th anniversary. I’m hella jealous, Canucks. [The Toronto Star]
- U.S. servicewomen in Muslim countries have been encouraged to wear hijabs (head covering veils) to fit in with the local culture. [The Daily Caller]
- A Polish MP has been fired after he made a “joke” that gay men could “forget about marrying,” but he would “gladly watch” lesbians. [Star Observer AU]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.