The battle of the Snow Whites has officially begun. While Kristen Stewart was cast back in January to play the iconic fairy tale character in “Snow White and the Huntsman,” Lily Collins found out this week that she will be playing the fairest of them all in Tarsem Singh and Brett Ratner’s “The Brothers Grimm: Snow White.” Her prince? The yummy Armie Hammer. And the evil stepmother who has it in for her will be played by none other than Julia Roberts.
Lily’s name may not be familiar but, yes, you have seen her before. And not just because she is Phil Collins’ daughter. After the jump, more about Lily, what she’s been in, and the “Twilight” hunk she’s been linked to.
- Lily has been acting since age two. As a baby, she starred in the TV show “Growing Pains.” No, not that “Growing Pains”—it was a BBC series about a British couple who become foster parents. But you’re more likely to remember her from playing Collins Tuohy, the daughter in “The Blind Side.” The name thing is just a coincidence.
- To her, pops is top. Phil Collins might have divorced Lily’s mom, Jll Tavelman, by fax when she was six, but Lily says she is still very close with her dad. “He’s so funny and so supportive. We always talk on the phone; we watch movies; we have inside jokes,” she says. “There were so many times I could have played on my name but I always steered away from it. Now I’ve realized that the name Collins can open doors, and that’s okay. But it’s up to me to keep them open.”
- Lily is a cougar-in-training. The 22-year-old is rumored to be dating Taylor Lautner, who is three years younger. The two co-starred in the movie “Abduction,” but Lily won’t confirm that they’re together. “I’m going to keep the private life private,” she said. “I’m in this for the craft; I’m in it for the passion.”
- She’s a model. One who was apparently discovered by Tommy Hilfiger aboard a flight from New York to Los Angeles.
- And a smartie. Not only is Lily studying broadcast journalism at USC—she also has been bitten by the writing bug. She did a column called “LA Confidential” for British Elle Girl and has also penned stories for Seventeen and Teen Vogue.
- Lily was cast as Snow White because of her brows. “I saw her eyebrows, and I said, ‘You’re it,’ ” director Tarsem Singh explains. “When I first saw her, I think she was trying for the part, but I just said, ‘She doesn’t even have to try at all.’” Lily is thrilled she landed the role. “Snow White was my favorite fairy tale,” she said. “When I first read about the project, I was like, ‘I have to get in on this.’”
So can Lily go head-to-head with powerhouse K-Stew? Will Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner have to fight over whose maybe girlfriend did a better job in the part? Guess we’ll have to wait and see.