Today’s Lady News: Virginia’s Abortion Clinics Are Totally Screwed
- Virginia’s governor has signed into law a bill which requires abortion clinics meet the same regulations as hospitals — despite the fact they offer different types of services. Abortion rights supporters say the bill is an attempt to thwart women’s access to abortion. Seventeen of the state’s 21 clinics may need to shut down before they are up to par with the hospital-like regulations now required. [Ms. Magazine]
- Journalists covering the Walmart sexual discrimination lawsuit say justices don’t seem supportive of the class-action lawsuit filed by former female employees. Oh, joy. [Wall Street Journal]
- Mexico provided its state employees a 92-page manual on how to avoid sexist language in the workplace, such as asking women, “If you want to work, why did you have children?” or saying “You’re prettier when you keep quiet.” Um, can we get one of those over here? [Daily Mail UK]
- A Florida House committee has moved forward with the “Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act,” which would ban abortions after 20 weeks (unless a woman’s life is at risk) based on the belief of anti-abortion activists that that is when a fetus can feel pain. [Jacksonville.com]
- And a similar “fetal pain” bill in Kansas has cleared the state House and is headed to the governor’s desk. That bill would restrict abortions after 21 weeks, unless a woman’s life is at risk. [Guardian UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.