Today’s Lady News: Remembering Geraldine Ferraro, Catholic Abortion Rights Supporter
- Geraldine Ferraro, who died this weekend, made headlines as the first-ever woman to be nominated for vice president by a mainstream political party. But Geraldine Ferraro should also be remembered for being a practicing Catholic who also supported keeping abortion legal. [AlterNet]
- Saudi women will not be allowed to vote in Saudi Arabia’s municipal elections being held in September. [Reuters]
- A 33-year-old female airline passenger claims she was stopped at LaGuardia Airport last week after she cleared security and was allegedly subjected to a full-body patdown by a female TSA agent, including on her breasts, thighs and crotch. The TSA says they are looking into the incident. [Gothamist]
- The state of Maine swore-in Andrea Erskine as Deputy Commissioner of the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, making her the first woman ever to hold the position. (Thanks to commenter Melvasaiel for the link!) [As Maine Goes]
- Law enforcement officials and women’s rights activists met this weekend for the sixth annual Conference on Crimes Against Women. [Dallas News]
- Tired of watching “America’s Next Top Rhinoplasty Housewives Who Will Die Alone With Their Cats”? Here are five feminist-minded TV shows you might want to check out instead! [Sexy Feminist]
- The World Health Organization has provided a list of priority medications needed for pregnant women, 1,000 of whom die daily — yes, every day — from pregnancy or birth-related complications. [New York Times]
- Over 60 percent of women ages 50 to 75 do not like the way their age group is portrayed on film, according to a survey by the UK Film Council. Obviously, this means we need to designate Helen Mirren the Official Special Guardian Of Awesome Roles For Older Women On Screen. [Guardian UK]
If you see a story for Today’s Lady News, please send it to me at Jessica@TheFrisky.com — thanks!
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.