The Many Arrests Of Michael Lohan
Egads. Michael Lohan is in the news again and it isn’t for something cute like announcing he’s engaged to Jon Gosselin’s ex. Nope, Michael has been charged with three counts of domestic violence—inflicting corporal injury on a cohabitant, false imprisonment and preventing a report of victimization. “Mr. Lohan was arrested after we received a call around 9 p.m. regarding a domestic dispute,” an officer explained. “He was detained after he was spotted walking on the street near our station. He showed no signs of intoxication that I’m aware of and has been cooperative.” His bail has been set at $200,000. [People]
This is hardly Michael’s first run-in with the law. After the jump, a timeline.
- 1990. Michael was a trader on the floor of the commodities exchange. He was investigated for insider trading and was convicted of criminal contempt after he wouldn’t testify about his companies’ trading practices. He went to jail until 1993.
- 1997. Arrested for violation of parole after traveling to visit Lindsay in Los Angeles. He said she had been hospitalized with asthma at the time. He was jailed for a year.
- 2005. Michael is arrested outside the Lohan house, after a physical fight with Dina’s brother. Is charged with attempted assault.
- 2005. While awaiting sentencing, he was in a car accident and was charged with DUI. He served time once again.
- 2009. Michael is arrested in December for calling an ex-girlfriend Erin Muller, who sought an order of protection after Michael allegedly threatened to kill her.
- 2010. A month later, he was arrested again for the same thing.
And we thought “Celebrity Rehab” could keep this guy out of trouble?