Today’s Lady News: “Unfollow Charlie” Sheen Tees Will Raise Money For RAINN
- Courtesy of women’s rights activists, “Unfollow Charlie” tees are for sale on Zazzle.com — in reference to actor/domestic abuser Charlie Sheen’s Twitter — and proceeds will go to the Rape, Abuse Incest National Network. I love it! [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The New York Times turns a keen,
lustfuljournalistic eye to the “lesbian until graduation” college girl phenomenon. [NY Times]
- Why aren’t there more female airline pilots? Because they’ll get their period and crash the plane, duh. [CNN]
- Ever wondered if it was an insult when someone called you a “breeder”? (It is.) Check out this official lesbian dictionary of “lezicon” from the chicks at After Ellen and tonight you can go call someone a “beersexual”! [After Ellen]
- Golfer Elaine Joyce of Massachusetts has won $15,000 in a sexual discrimination lawsuit against a public golf course that would not let her play as a partner with her father in a men’s competition. [Golf Online]
- The USDA has promised $1.3 billion in compensation for female farmers, as well as Hispanics, as both groups have claimed discrimination when applying for USDA farm loans. [Boonville Daily News]
- Women, gays and blacks are still shown as stereotypes on film. You don’t say! [Guardian UK]
- Are biracial and other “exotic” women the new beauty ideal? [The Grio]
- How to get over any anxiety of nursing in public. [Madame Noire]
- Why is saving NPR from being defunded by Congress a feminist issue? [Sexy Feminist]
- An elderly woman in a London suburb was caught keeping a Tanzanian woman in her home and working her like a slave. [BBC]
- Meet the women who brave gunfire and curfews in an a Cote d’Ivoire food market to provide for their families. [All Africa]
- Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, has cut the women’s varsity hockey team from their budget. [Chronicle Herald]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.