Today’s Lady News: Idaho Wants To Ban Abortion After 20 Weeks
- Idaho’s state senate committee advanced a bill that would ban abortions after 20 weeks. Anti-abortion foes claim that a fetus can feel pain after 20 weeks gestation, although that is disputed by medical professionals. [MSN]
- Italy’s Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi denies prosecutors’ claims that he paid for sex with 33 prostitutes over the course of two months, saying “33 girls in two months seems like too much even for a 30-year-old.” Heh. [New York Times]
- NASA’s launched a web site to honor women’s contributions to space exploration. [Space.com]
- A lawmaker wants the state of Alabama to apologize to a black woman who was gang raped by a group of white men in 1944, who a jury declined to charge. [The Grio]
- Perris Union High School District officials in California say a teacher who allegedly called a lesbian student a “sinner” in front of the entire class has been “dealt with.” [She Wired]
- One in five women in the Air Force have been a victim of a sexual assault, according to a survey by the Pentagon. [Christian Science Monitor]
- Registration is open for feminist summer camp! It’s hosted by Jennifer Baumgardner and Amy Richards, authors of Manifesta: Young Women, Feminism and The Future. [Soap Box Inc.]
- A bill is moving through Tennessee’s state senate to make it legal for mothers to breastfeed their babies in public without facing indecent exposure charges. [Chattanooga Times Free Press]
- The Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Mary Oliver opened up to Maria Shriver in O magazine about her poetry and 40-year-long relationship with her late partner, Molly. [After Ellen]
- Lady Gaga’s pro-gay anthem, “Born This Way,” is a liiiiittle too gay for Malaysia. [Queerty]
- Gay and lesbian activists in South Africa are lobbying for the practice of “corrective rape” — the idea that if a homosexual is sexually assaulted and shown what “regular” sex is like, he or she will be encouraged to become straight — to be classified as a hate crime. [Autostraddle]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.