Today’s Lady News: Scary Music Makes Pro-Choice Activists Sound So … Scary
- Congratulations to the anti-abortion activists at Catholic Vote, who got whoever does the music for Hollywood’s latest alien abduction big budget gorefest to score a YouTube video about Planned Parenthood. If you don’t listen to the words coming out of their mouths, these pro-choice activists sound dasterdly! Be afraid of legal abortion, people. Be very afraid. [You Tube]
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton recently announced the Women and Public Service Initiative, a partnership between the State Department and several prestigious women’s colleges, to encourage more ladies to get into public service. The schools Smith, Wellesley, Mount Holyoke, Barnard and Bryn Mawr will all be involved. [Boston.com]
- Director Susanna White will direct “The Host,” based on Stephenie Meyer’s novel (you know, the Twilight lady). Hooray for women directors in Hollywood! [Oh No They Didn’t]
- Sexual assault and sexual abuse in prisons should disgust but probably not surprise you. [New York Review Of Books]
- Meet the 10 women who secretly control the Internet! [The Mary Sue]
- Sony is offering a $10,000 scholarship for female video game developers. Pass it on! [GamrFeed]
- Women who reveal their pregnancy test results on YouTube are oddly compelling. [Slate]
- A father in India shot his daughter in the stomach while drunk, allegedly because she refuses to marry the man her family has chosen for her. [Times of India]
- The CEO of Burger King said British women “not very attractive.” I am shocked — shocked! — his company would also put out sexist commercials such as this one. [Independent UK]
- A British mother, Jacky Scott, won a sexual discrimination lawsuit after she was fired from her job at a timber company for missing work from two consecutive maternity leaves. [Daily Mail UK]
- New Zealand is the best country in the British Commonwealth for women and girls, according to a gender equality study. Sadly, earning 72 percent of what Kiwi men do is considered being a “star performer.” [NZ Herald]
- A Canadian gym edited the words of Christina Aguilera’s “Not Myself Tonight” so it didn’t contain any references to girl-on-girl action. When Xtina sings “I’m kissing all the boys and the girls,” the gym bleeped out the “and the girls” part. [Queerty]
If you see a news article or blog post that you think belongs in Today’s Lady News, send it to me at [email protected]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.