Today’s Lady News: Happy Feminist Coming Out Day!
- In addition to today being International Women’s Day, today is the also first-ever National Feminist Coming Out day! If you’d like, please share with us in the comments why you’re proud to be a woman and/or why you call yourself a feminist. [Feministing, Feminist Coming Out Day]
- Meet the five most pathetic female film characters of all time. Prepare to lose your s**t, fans of “The Princess Bride.” [Guardian UK]
- Bisexual and lesbian women are more likely to have tried anal sex than straight women. So now you know. [Slate]
- When people compare the circumcision of baby boys to the female genital mutilation of tween/teen girls, I want to stab someone. [CBS News]
- A former aide to Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL) has filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against him, claiming he threatened her position when she refused his advances. [The Grio]
- A rejected iPhone app called iBoobs — i.e. a pair of boobs onscreen— is now for sale for the Android. [Examiner]
- A big ups to Feministing co-founder and former blogger, Jessica Valenti, for being profiled by the UK’s Guardian newspaper as one of the “top 100 women” today (whatever that means). [Gaurdian UK]
- The New York Times op-ed columnists Nick Kristof and Gail Collins write about the need for more women to submit pieces to op-ed pages. Go do it, ladies! [Poynter]
- Why does the word “lesbian” get censored on the radio? [After Ellen]
- Activists in Cairo, Egypt, called for a Million Woman March following the country’s recent political upheaval. Unfortunately, it only drew a couple hundred people. [Guardian UK, UPI]
- The feminist club at Bournemouth University in the UK lost an attempt to ban “overtly sexual” advertising on campus, including a poster for the school’s Sex-Ed Ball which it felt glorified the sex industry. [Bournemouth Echo]
- Check out how Doctors Without Borders is treating obstetric fistulas in Africa. [Doctors Without Borders]
- Why is Lesotho — a tiny country located in the middle of South Africa — a great place to be a woman? [BBC]
- Several pieces of women’s rights legislation in Israel were voted down just in time for International Women’s Day. Lovely. [Jerusalem Post]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.