For Valentine’s Day, instead of waiting for love letters that’ll never come — who sends those anymore, anyway? — we decided to practice a little self-love in the name of St. Valentine by writing them to ourselves. We invite you to do the same in the comments. Amelia and Jessica have already shared theirs. Today is Kate’s turn…
Roses are red, violets are blue. Here are some of the reasons I think you’re cool:
- Your smile is big. Your laugh is sunny. And your cracking up at your own jokes is allowed because, well, they are funny.
- You write a whole lot—thousands of words a day. It may not all be Shakespeare, but you’ve got something to say.
- You ask lots of questions and could talk to a wall. And most people who meet you come under your thrall.
- While so many ladies think that they’re fat, you are one hot mama and you’re well aware of that.
- You’re up for anything—Sri Lankan food or karaoke. You try new things, be they awesome or hokey.
- You can solve a Rubik’s Cube, and swim really fast. When you make a commitment, you make it last.
- Your poetry skills may not be top notch, but like most things in this world—you aren’t scared of a botch.