Today’s Lady News: The House Takes Aim At Planned Parenthood
- Republicans in the House of Representatives have proposed in a draft of a bill that $327 million be cut in funding for Planned Parenthood. The funding does not go towards abortion, but instead towards other family planning services, like birth control and cancer screenings. [Mother Jones]
- Meet the ladies who were computers — a job title, not a gadget — during World War II. [CNN]
- A Planned Parenthood in the Bronx was targeted in a fake “pimp and ho” sting by an anti-abortion group. [New York Times]
- Is Rick Santorum — the former Pennsylvania senator who is eyeing a Republican presidential nomination — sexist? Take a look at what he said about Sarah Palin. [Time]
- An open letter to Lady Gaga from a fan and fellow feminist. [Feministing]
- Have you ever felt excluded due to your lack of girly knowledge? [Already Pretty]
See a story you think should be included in Today’s Lady News? Send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org!