Today’s Lady News: “The Daily Show” Disses Redefining Rape
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c|
|Rape Victim Abortion Funding|
- Leave it to Kristen Schaal at “The Daily Show” to give the best assessment of Republicans’ attempts to redefine rape in the No Taxpayer Funding For Abortion Act. “Rape with benefits” and “rape-ish” are sooo becoming part of my vocabulary. Thankfully, the phrase “forcible rape” has been cut from the bill. [The Daily What via The Daily Show, Washington Post]
- Former Oklahoma State Senator Herb Rozell suggested a pregnant woman who was nominated to the State Board of Education would be “worthless” because she would give birth during the legislative session and be totally obsessed with diapers or something. Rozell has been condemned by OK’s Governor Mary Fallin and other lawmakers, including two who said, “In this day and age, to have that type of attitude about a woman’s ability to serve is offensive, discriminatory and just wrong.” [Tulsa Beacon]
- Starting salaries for female doctors are $17,000 less than for male doctors, according to a study published in Health Affairs. Oh, hell no. [Wall Street Journal]
- A new bill in the House of Representatives called the High School Athletics Accountability Act could level the playing field for high school girls who play sports by requiring high schools to report the numbers of girls versus boys involved in athletics. [Ms. Magazine]
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum will debut a new exhibit on women in rock on Friday, May 13, focusing on girl groups, disco divas, and all things Madonna! Frisky road trip? [ArtsDaily.org]
- Phyllis Schafly wants to cut the Violence Against Women Act because she blames it for marriages “broken by false allegations of domestic violence.” That doesn’t even deserve to be dignified with a response. [Media Matters for America]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.