Today’s Lady News: Planned Parenthood Fires Employee Caught In Sting Video
- Planned Parenthood has fired the employee who was caught in a sting video by anti-abortion group Live Action. “The behavior we saw in the videotape was egregious and repugnant,” the organization said, adding it was “completely inexplicable and inconsistent with what Planned Parenthood does.” In the video (which has been edited by Live Action), the Planned Parenthood clinic manager can be heard advising that the 14- or 15-year-old “sex worker” (played by an actress) lie about her age. Frankly, after watching the video, I can’t see how they could have possibly kept her employed. [Reuters]
- A female Lucasfilm employee — you know, George Lucas’ company? — has alleged she was called into a room by her supervisor and asked if she was sleeping around. She asked to speak to HR, but was told not to tell anyone about the discussion. She then confronted a person in the office who she suspected of spreading a rumor about her and was promptly fired. May the force be with your lawyers! [San Fransisco Weekly]
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) has called the No Taxpayer Funding For Abortion Act a “violent act against women.” [Talking Points Memo]
- Watch out, middle-aged women of Queens and Brooklyn: a trio of gunman is abducting women. [New York Daily News]
- Jessica Valenti, one of the co-founders of Feministing, has announced she will be leaving the site to focus on her book and to write a column for The Daily, the new iPad newspaper. [Feministing]
- Gettin’ all academic about Nicki Minaj’s “Bride of Blackenstein” performance on “Saturday Night Live” and what it says about the black female body. [Ms. Magazine]
- Women in Egypt are hoping that the anti-Mubarak protests will lead to them gaining more rights. [Los Angeles Times]
- Two British sportscasters who were fired for making sexist comments might find new jobs at Al-Jazeera. [Jezebel]
- Relatives say a Cuban woman has celebrated her 126th birthday. Hmm, we’re not so sure … [NPR]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.