Faster than a speeding bullet, British actor Henry Cavill swooped in and snagged the role of Superman (and his equally hot yet mortal alter-ego, Clark Kent) in the new film directed by Zack Snyder. This guy must have acting skills of kryptonite because he beat out both Joe Manganiello and Jon Hamm for the role. I wonder who will be his Lois Lane? I certainly wouldn’t mind getting into a phone booth with him. After the jump five things you need to know about the man behind the cape.
- You may recognize Henry from the Showtime series, “The Tudors,” as the sexy Duke, Charles Brandon. You will also be able to catch him later this year as the young Greek king, Theseus, in the film “The Immortals.” Detecting theme: he’s often typecast as the man in power. I like.
- The 27-year-old was born May 5th, 1983. That makes him a Taurus who is technically out of my dating age range. But age is just a number, right?
- Henry is single at the moment (yay!), but back in 2007, he dated “The Biggest Loser” trainer, Jillian Michaels. Random.
- He has four brothers and a pet parrot. There are more from that gene pool? I mean the brothers, not the parrot. But now I can indulge in pirate fantasies.
- Henry was almost Edward Cullen in “Twilight.” Stephenie Meyer had him lined up to play the role, but by the time the film came to fruition, he was 25 years old, and no longer looked young enough. He also narrowly missed out on the roles of Batman and James Bond to Christian Bale and Daniel Craig respectively. This earned him the title “the most unlucky man in Hollywood.” Not anymore!